About Us

The Sally, previously known as The Salutation Inn was built in 1895. Originally a Victorian Coaching Inn, it is now transformed into the casual, friendly, family pub it is today.

Local Restaurant Owner Thomas Towle bought The Sally in October 2023 and has put together the team in place today. The warm welcoming environment is created by Lesley and Vicky alongside their front of house team. Step into The Sally and you will be greeted with a warm welcome,  a roaring fire and Local Ales to enjoy.

Head Chef Eddie Faulder has together with his team, created a menu with Local Provenance at its heart. Beef, reared on the Local Farms, Potatoes grown less than a mile away, are at the core of our support local ethos.

The Sally prides itself on being a place Locals can come and enjoy a quick drink and relax as well as a destination for Diners, Travellers and Walkers to come Stay, Eat and Drink whilst sampling the best of Cumbrian Hospitality and Produce.